Stores and Transportation Control PersonApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC33: US097-Winston-Salem (Westpoint 2599 Empire Drive , Winston-Salem, NC, 27103 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Stores & Transportation Control Person in our Seating Operations - Westpoint business located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- On a rotating basis, and as the workload required it, perform stock-pulls, stock put-aways, inventory cycle counts and internal distribution activities according to established guidelines, in a timely and effective manner. This includes CFE and OSP.
NOTE: Due to the diverse nature of Stores and Transportation, which includes Shipping, OSP, Receiving, Raw Stock and Stores, the subject job description includes the combined responsibilities and duties for the entire department. Certain responsibilities are required in one area but not in others, thus they are included in but not restricted to each of these areas.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- Operate a hand-held computer, data collection terminal or similar device to effect issues, receipts, move locations, returns to stock and other adjustments as required by established procedures. This also includes daily use of the mainframe terminal for various inquiries.
- Operate forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks, and three wheel transport vehicles as needed
- More parts to Quality Assurance (MRB) insuring proper transactions have been input into the system and corresponding paper work is attached.
- Physically count or operate scales to count and weight parts and packages
- Follow proper procedures to move or stock hazardous materials.
- Post information such as quantity, code, description, order number, weight, etc., on order books, stock records, tags, and cartons.
- Package, prepare stencils, stencil or mark boxes as specified.
- When required, open containers, check quantity, type and check description against associated paperwork and record overages, shortages, improper or damaged materials. Place material in storage by area, type, quantity, and value. Contact other personnel on a routine question and answer basis to determine proper disposition of material.
- When required, operate company vehicles to pick-up and deliver items within a specified area.
- Perform required Cycle Count duties.
- Maintain filing system, ensuring that it is accurate, neat, and orderly
- Read Delta Notes on blueprints (no dimensional interpretation required), to provide outside processors with correct processing instructions, identify and protectively wrap parts when necessary.
- Analyze daily situation to determine priorities and communicate ideas, problems, and expected deviations to supervision and interact with other departments to resolve problems.
- Unload materials and supplies from internal transfers from trucks and sort and deliver them to designated locations. Check receipts against paperwork for number of cartons, boxes, or other shipping containers. Report discrepancies to designated persons or Supervisors.
- Communicate verbally, on telephone, and via general correspondence effectively with management and other departments associated with the Stores & Transportation function, to ensure completion of designated duties and other requirements.
- Notify Quality Control of any obvious defects in spare parts or seats.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and report all discrepancies to management.
TYPICAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT INVOLVED:
- Including, but not limited to, hand trucks, order pickers, forklifts, pallet jacks, three wheel transport vehicles, banding or strapping equipment, misc. hand tools, etc.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, reach twist, and stoop for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform fine manipulation, handling, and grasping
- Ability to lift materials weighing up to fifty one (51) pounds,
- Ability to carry materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- Ability to push/pull materials with a peak force of up to thirty (30) pounds
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- An understanding of computers and the ability to enter and retrieve data from PCs as required.
- Working knowledge of basic shop math
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES PREFERRED:
- One (1) year of experience in a warehouse, stocking, and/or inventory control environment
NOTE: The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.