Sr. Manufacturing EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC33: US097-Winston-Salem (Westpoint 2599 Empire Drive , Winston-Salem, NC, 27103 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Role Overview
This position is for a seasoned professional in Manufacturing Engineering, who works independently, designs simple assembly line and sequence of complex operations. Checks manufacturability of existing products, and implements manufacturing processes and changes to improve products and reduce costs.
• Designs and modifies small cell or simple assembly lines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
• Designs the sequence of larger and more complex operations and installations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other processes, including disassembly/assembly and repairs, to ensure efficiency and optimize performance.
• Designs and implements complex manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control to ensure compliance and effective production.
• Monitors and ensures mandatory modifications, programs, and bulletins are incorporated or complied with, as required by the customer and the applicable regulatory requirements, to ensure legal compliance and adherence to quality standards.
• Identifies opportunities or implements changes, on a need basis, to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts to optimize productivity and ensure optimal use of resources.
• Audits manufacturability of existing products, and recommends modifications or adaptations to address quality, customer, product, or productivity constraints.
• Designs and develops manufacturing processes for products, taking into consideration problems inherent in the transfer of technology from research to manufacturing.
• Such design and development may include new or revised processes.
• Develops procedures for the economical mass production in cooperation with pilot-plant and production departments.
• Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over applicable variables; and services, troubleshoots and solves production process problems with processes or equipment already in operation.
• Reviews field support requirements and recommends tools and test equipment.
• Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment.
• May make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.