Sr. Manager, Employee Relations / Labor RelationsApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC32: US096-Winston-Salem (Oak Plaza 190 Oak Plaza Boulevard , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
This position manages a large team of experienced professionals and team leaders in Labor and Employee Relations, implements plans and initiatives concerning labor and employee relations programs, hears and issues decisions involving contract matters and grievance proceedings, and consults with HR and legal professionals to resolve labor and employee relations matters.
- Manages the implementation of operational plans focused on the delivery of labor and employee relations programs.
- Advises on policies that focus on ensuring workplace harmony and productivity.
- Manages programs and initiatives focused on ensuring the success of labor and management relations.
- Oversees the advice provided to employees on contractual policy and corrective action matters to ensure compliance with relevant regulations. Works with the appropriate HR and legal professionals to confirm the correct remedial action in accordance with company policy and laws of the region, respectively.
- Oversees decision making on contractual matters related to issues impacting working conditions as outlined in union contract(s).
- Manages the delivery of programs focused on enhancing labor and management relations at sites where employees are represented by labor unions.
- Develops plans focused on implementing management represented programs that seek to keep worksites union free.
- Hears and issues decisions on routine to moderately complex grievance arbitration and contractual matters.
- Manages the documentation of events involved in dispute and grievance resolution proceedings. Works directly with legal professionals when requested to provide information that is used to develop legal briefs prepared for complex labor disputes and grievance arbitrations.
- Consults with HR leaders, as needed, to obtain information on total rewards, talent management and other HR policies and programs to inform the decision-making process related to labor and employee relations issues.
- Oversees management and implementation of labor policy.
- Advises on contract negotiation, grievance cases, arbitrations, conciliations and federal and state labor legislation.
- Represents management in collective bargaining with unions representing company employees; provides counsel and assistance to employees in management.
- Administers and maintains compliance policies.
- Consults with other human resources managers and executive management to gain insight for personnel policy such as wages, benefits, pensions and work rules and practices that may be of concern when developing or revising union contracts.
- Experience leading a team of Employee Relations Professionals
- Experience working with a union
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.