Electrical Engineer - Embedded ElectronicsApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC31: US095-Winston-Salem (Fairchild 1455 Fairchild Road , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
We are looking for creative minds to joins our dynamic team as an Electrical Design Engineer. In this position you will be performing complex assignments often requiring development of new or improved products/processes/techniques. The position requires an ability to interpret, on a broad basis, the principles, theories, and concepts of the engineering specialty.
- Work with cross functional design team to develop new and maintain existing embedded applications for controlling electromechanical devices and GUI’s
- Conceptualize, design and develop PCB layouts using Altium design tools within IPC standards
- Develop test applications for supporting all phases of development and verification of deliverable applications
- Work within existing processes and guidelines to ensure consistent and traceable results
- Generate high and low level system and software requirements based on customer specifications
- Create planning, design, implementation and verification documentation for both internal use and delivery to customer
- Develop, implement, analyze, measure, test and validate control equations, algorithms, coefficients, etc. for system and product specifications
- Provide and support the continuous improvement and development of all electromechanical solutions
- Create and conduct algorithm assessments, characterization, testing and verification
- Evaluate and apply new developments and technologies
- Collaborate with hardware engineers and program team to create overall system and product design specifications
- Collaborate with hardware, operations, quality, test equipment and manufacturing engineers to define and implement manufacturing test procedures/processes
- Bachelor's degree inBachelors in Electrical Engineering and or Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering Technologyfrom a four-year accredited college/university required, One (1) year of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience developing software within an embedded environment, including strong knowledge of multiple microcontroller architectures, preferably with ARM and PIC based processors
- Experienced in full cycle of DO-178B requirements application.
- Experience with software verification tools for showing regulatory compliance of statement coverage and traceability
- Experience with MSVS for developing Windows based applications.
- Experience with IAR and MP Lab and top down design practices
- Experience with communication and networking protocols as applied in embedded environment (RS-485, RS-232, I2C, SPI, USB, UART drivers, etc.)
- Experience with source code archiving methodologies
- 10% travel may be required
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.