Work Transfer Lead, Supplier QualityApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:02: Building 02 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
This position requires an energetic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated person willing to lead, promote, and drive key processes as a member of Collins Aerospace Supplier Quality Organization. This candidate will be the Work Transfer Lead and will be responsible for providing project management of the Collins Power and Controls Transitions processes. The candidate will interface with multiple organizations, including suppliers, quality, procurement, operations, and engineering both electronically and over the phone. The ability to work well in a team environment is critical to the success of this role.
- Project management of all supplier quality activity related to supporting and approving both internal, Collins led transitions and supplier managed transitions.
- Improvements to the notification process to ensure all parties are aware of ongoing and upcoming product transitions within the supply base.
- Management of all actions required to execute and mitigate risk as a result of work transfers.
- Drive communication to various functions to execute and validate work transfer activity to prevent product escapes as a result of work transfer.
- Support the review and approval of Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) requests. This is the process used to restrict specific part numbers to only sources approved for those parts. This is a critical component of our counterfeit avoidance program, which has seen increased focus by customer and industry auditors.
- Ensure process discipline is being followed.
- Driving robust strategic actions with select processes to improve and maintain quality performance.
- Analyzing data to determine primary focus areas for improvement for select process.
Bachelor’s degree or related field and 7 years of relevant experience OR
Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Quality
Data analysis for status reports and metrics
Time and process management
Quality tools such as RCCA, 5 Why, PFMEA, PPAP
Basic blue print reading
ERP, SAP preferred
Experience with industry certifications (AS9100, AS9120, AS9102, ISO9001, AS13002, FAA etc.)
Experience reviewing and reading technical specifications, procedures and drawings.
Knowledge of inspection, six sigma, process certification, PPAP and statistical process control and process improvement methodologies
Program or project management
Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
Certification in Quality Engineering (CQE)
Leading in a collaborative team environment
Ability to drive actions to other members not within reporting structure
Quality and engineering requirements within the aerospace industry
Reading and understanding technical specifications
Microsoft office suite, including Excel and Access
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.