Software Staff Engineer, DevOps & System AdministrationApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:03: Building 03 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
This position is for a Staff Engineer, DevOps and Systems Administration professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. This position works independently and performing Linux system administration as needed to support test equipment delivery schedules. The Special Test Equipment group at Collins Aerospace builds and supports ultra high-performance real-time test and simulation devices for a variety of configurations. Our products operate desktop control simulations, mechanical rigs, facility controls, jet engines, and more. Our products are deployed both electronically and physically worldwide for a diverse group of internal and external customers.
- Manage Linux systems availability, backups, administration, configuration, and compliance for a variety of local and remote servers.
- Provide internal and external customer support for Debian-imaged Linux systems.
- Support efforts to migrate existing services from physical servers to cloud-based solutions.
- Maintain existing scripts for monitoring server performance. Create new scripts as needed.
- Security patches and OS updates as needed on existing Debian Linux servers.
- ID processing (addition and removal) on existing servers and test equipment.
- Linux system builds (Debian Linux, DebHawk Realtime Linux, DebianRT Linux, Debian SELinux)
- Maintain access request forms for existing program servers
- Use Nagios to monitor fielded servers/systems
- Monitor and maintain system backups
- Utilize Drupal to maintain server and system documentation
- Analyze current deployment technologies and processes and drive improvements.
- Develop tooling to improve automated monitoring, metrics collection, analysis, and backups.
- Document all software and deployment automation solutions.
- Facilitate migration of physical Linux server functions to cloud services.
- Manage Linux security patches and updates prudently as they are released.
- Monitor field operations using Nagios or similar software.
- Manage access request and user accounts to company and industry standard tools.
- Write and maintain clear server and system documentation in Drupal or similar software.
- Triage and resolve issues in the field
- Handle multiple work streams across multiple engagements.
- Role spends 50% of time on-site for tasks that need to be done in-person.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Software engineering/ computer science experience
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Worked in customer facing roles
- Previous experience creating, configuring and maintaining Debian Linux servers.
- Experience with setting up cloud server solutions, including Amazon Web Services.
- Advanced degree in information technologies/ computer science or related.
- Be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.