Site Lead International Trade ComplianceApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
If you want to help make our world a safer place – in space, in the air, on the ground, in the sea – the ISR & Space Systems team may be the place for you. Every day we support critical missions of warfighters and astronauts with cutting-edge vision, reconnaissance and life-support systems. Our mission is their success.
In this role the Site Lead, International Trade Compliance (ITC) will be responsible for managing the ITC program at the ISR & Space Systems Windsor Locks, CT site. Key responsibilities include:
• Manage export authorizations, including ITAR licenses, agreements and exemptions
• Provide transactional support related to shipments, foreign visitors, and international travel
• Ensure the safeguarding of technical data and hardware through use of technology management tools and file transfers
• Interact with Customs Brokers and/or Freight Forwarders to ensure that export documentation, AES filings, and other Import activities are properly executed
• Perform regular audits of export authorizations and AES filings
• Support ITC investigations and disclosures and timely completion of related corrective actions
• Interface and support internal/external customers to ensure compliance with import/export regulations and UTC/UTAS policies and procedures.
• Support and perform jurisdiction and classification activities, including HTS classifications.
Education and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university required; advanced degree in a related field preferred
Experience and Qualifications
Minimum 5 years of directly related experience in export compliance required.
• Ability to implement and manage of a comprehensive trade compliance program, including training, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
• Experience in hardware, technical data/technology, and software jurisdiction and classifications for ITAR and EAR-controlled items.
• Experience in imports/exports related to the commercial space and undersea industries preferred.
• Experience in processing export applications and licenses, Technical Assistance Agreements, and other U.S. import and export authorizations (e.g., license exemptions/exceptions).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.