Service Engineering Intern (Summer 2022)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second.Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace, Power & Controls Service Engineering is seeking applicants for co-op/intern positions. Reporting to the cognizant Service Engineering manager, selected candidates will be working directly with a team of experienced engineers to provide aftermarket technical support for preparation of new product introductions and in-service products. In this position you can expect to frequently engage with functional engineering teams, product suppliers, maintenance/repair centers, engine/airframe manufacturers and aircraft operators. The Service Engineering function acts as the "voice of the customer" for promoting positive change to our products and processes. This is an exciting opportunity for an engaged individual to gain on-the-job technical training, broaden his/her technical knowledge and experience real world applications of engineering principles.
- Support Environmental & Airframe Control Systems (EACS) Service Engineering team, who help drive special investigations internally and with partners, gather field data and assist in root cause analysis, corrective action plans, and implementation
- Support Service Engineering team in addressing issues related to in-service aircraft and component repair
- Communicate technical information to technical/non-technical stakeholders
- Prepare reports displaying interpreted test information to resolve design/system related problems and to ensure continuous improvement
- Perform corrective actions for field issues, special investigations, and product testing
- Process improvement/development
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Completion of 30 credits before the start of the session.
- Candidates pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering (or Engineering Technology), with completion of at least sophomore level engineering coursework.
- Successful candidates will exhibit the following core competencies:
- Customer focus
- Good organization skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Team oriented
- Excellent communication/listening skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.