Senior Project EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
This exciting role within the recently combined Power and Controls (P&C) Engineering Shared Services team provides an opportunity to make a real and significant difference through development of new approaches in an area that has not traditionally had a strong project focus.
This is a P&C position, serving the Windsor Locks campus reporting to Engineering Shared Services Common Project Team Manager.
The Engineering Shared Services Common Project Engineer will be a key resource of the Common Project Team, interfacing with Product Design and Definition, Structures, and Product Engineering teams in in Windsor Locks, and responsible for aspects of planning and tracking across the P&C Product Design and Definition (PDD), and Structures groups.
- Ensure adherence to group project engineering discipline to ensure excellent project execution and process improvement
- Assist in planning PDD and Structures teams work scope
- Support new project estimating, including risk assessment and planning
- Interface with Earned Value teams, program teams, engineering product teams to ensure level-loaded and accurate representation in workload planning tools
- Interface with PDD and Structures managers for assignment of individual contributors (both prior to, and during project execution)
- Support priority assessments
- Ongoing risk and change management
- Track activities against plan and manage work scope, clearly communicating any challenges or changes to key stakeholders
- Ensure regular and clear communication to all key stakeholders
- Drive retrospective project review, including report-out and feedback to estimating
- Identify/develop, and continuously improve planning/tracking tools, approaches, standard work
- Functional aspects of outsource PO management
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Communication and conflict resolution
- Ability to multi-task in a faced paced environment
- Project engineering experience
- Experience working in the aerospace industry or related
- Microsoft Office Tools experience, specifically Microsoft Project
- Experience working as a liaison between multiple departments
- Experience with risk management & change management
- Experience coordinating and scheduling work
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.