Senior Engineer, Operations SupportApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Propeller Systems Engineering is seeking a customer focused and dedicated Operations Support Senior Engineer to support highly detailed new and legacy propeller products. Work involves activities to maintain and improve the assembly and test procedures as well as to quickly assist with production related engineering activities such as investigating non-conforming material, test stand troubleshooting support, and process documentation improvements. The candidate should have skills and experience in the following areas: assembly and test, engineering product change justification, product evaluation. Experience with drawings, SAP, structural analysis, and aerospace mechanical and hydraulic system validation is a plus.
- Supporting military and commercial propeller platforms.
- Provide rapid engineering support for issues that arise during assembly and test of propeller hardware.
- Evaluate and determine suitability of non-conforming (NCM) products including documentation of rationale and disposition in NCM management system
- Provide continuous improvement reviews and recommendations for hydromechanical testing of propeller systems.
- Coordinate and work regularly with engineering, manufacturing, and management in Windsor Locks, CT.
- Interact with internal customers, external customers, vendors and suppliers.
- Participate in internal and external product design engineering teams and reviews.
- Support propeller system troubleshooting.
- Ability to create process metrics and presentations as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- 5 years Product design, manufacturing, or other similar engineering experience.
- Experience with assembly and testing of hydro mechanical components.
- Familiarity with ANSI Y14.5M-1982 (drawing interpretation)
- Experience in the use of typical Microsoft Office programs such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Explorer.
- Ability to determine non-conformance impact to engineering functional/structural impact including judgment for when detailed analyses is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present to customers, operators, and levels of leadership internally & externally.
- Preferred experience with Unigraphics and SAP
- Preferred Teamcenter experience
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.