Real-Time Software Developer, Staff EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:03: Building 03 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
This position is for a C and Python Real-Time Software Engineer professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. The Special Test Equipment group at Collins Aerospace builds and supports ultra high-performance real-time test and simulation devices for a variety of configurations. Our products operate desktop control simulations, mechanical rigs, facility controls, jet engines, and more. Our products are deployed both electronically and physically worldwide for a diverse group of internal and external customers.
- Design real-time solutions in C and Python targeting 64bit Debian Linux.
- Development of software drivers for PCIe and VME simulation cards
- Development and support of communications protocols including (but not limited to):
- Create and maintain clear documentation parse-able by doxygen, sphinx, and pandoc.
- Create and maintain support scripts in Bash, Makefiles, the GNU Autotools, and Expect.
- Create and maintain tests and scripts for GitLab CI/CD pipelines including bare-metal and virtualized hosts.
- Deploy software and provide direct support to internal and external customers.
- Maintain and support existing code base following existing design conventions.
- Actively participate in regular Scrum activities, such as standup meetings and retrospectives.
- Triage and resolve issues in the field.
- Identify current industry-leading technologies and processes, and drive improvements.
- Handle multiple work streams across multiple engagements.
- Role spends 50% of time on-site for tasks that need to be done in-person.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Computer science, computer engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience developing real-time software solutions
- Advanced degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technologies, or related.
- Be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.