Quality Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:02: Building 02 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
As a Quality Engineering Intern at Collins Aerospace, you will support the Quality Organization within the Hamilton Sundstrand Worldwide Repair Windsor Locks (HSWR) facility of approximately 400 employees. HSWR performs overhaul, repair and modification for aerospace control systems and components including mechanical and electronic engine accessories, air management systems, starter systems and aircraft accessories.
The Quality Engineering Intern shall be responsible for:
- Support of the Quality Engineers with special projects as it relates to the improvement of Product, Process and Quality Systems.
- Update and Develop several Quality Databases using Microsoft Access, Excel and workflow IT tools
- Assist with the Training program and the warranty process to drive reduction in cost of poor quality and escapes.
- Assist with the updates of all procedures to ensure compliance to new revision C of the AS9110 standard
- Participate in Quality kaizen projects to reduce Product, Process and System Inefficiencies and Escapes
- Perform internal and spot audits
- Coordinate screening of non-conforming material
- Support the Quality Organization with miscellaneous administrative tasks
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.