Quality EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:02: Building 02 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
• You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
• You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
• You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position is for a Seasoned Quality Engineering (QE) professional capable of driving sustainable change in our Ground Support Equipment Windsor Locks and Rockford, businesses. The QE will oversee two quality leads to achieve Ground Support Equipment (GSE) objectives that have a significant impact on our strategic growth and customer experience. Utilize expertise and knowledge to manage Quality Engineering processes and projects that influence the development, modification, application, and maintenance of GSE’s operations and supplier quality success.
- Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality evaluation, control systems and protocols.
- Supports all quality issues as they relate to in-house and supplier deficiencies impacting the cost of poor quality in the business
- Responsible for both Program and Product Quality Engineering.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for corrective actions for nonconformities and/or design problems for internally and externally produced products & processes.
- Utilizes PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc. to identify and make recommendations for managing risk in product development.
- Manages processes to ensure all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate
- Reviews process control documentation to ensure it is in compliance with requirements, objectives, and/or contracts.
- Ensure projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts.
- Develops proactive quality initiative strategies and drives their implementation.
- Performs Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and recommends corrective action for design problems for internally produced products & processes.
- Designs and implements product engineering changes to satisfy quality issues raised by customers.
- Responsible for all annual and semi-annual audit requirements including ISO
- Ability to collect, summarize and present operations and supplier quality metrics
- Work closely with supply chain, contracts and operations team to develop supplier drop ship process
- Work closely with supply chain team and conduct quarterly supplier reviews driving sustainable process improvement
- Ensure integrity of QN’s and various data collection
- Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Bachelor’s Degree - Electrical Engineer or Mechanical Engineer preferred
- Continuous Improvement Experience
- SAP experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited Institution
- Master’s Degree from an Accredited Institution
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.