Quality Engineer - Supplier Quality & DevelopmentApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:02: Building 02 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
· You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
· You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
· You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This person will plan, layout, set-up, machine, fabricate, assemble, disassemble, calibrate and inspect complex hardware, equipment, models and tooling to support the manufacture of hardware for development and production while practicing and complying with environmental, health and safety directions and procedures.
Responsible to ensure effective execution of ZDP™ at assigned suppliers:
· Identifies and communicates, trains assigned supplier and all levels of their supply chain
· Execute baseline status of supplier’s ZDP™, defines level of maturity and establishes gap closure plan
· Analyzes the supplier’s performance data, ZDP™ tracker and initiates action based on results to improve / correct
· Updates the ZDP™ trackers and provides daily status
· Accountable for follow-through of all open actions
· Drive close-loop results against every open item
· Follow-through to verify effectiveness of the closed actions
· Executes, tracks, and reports ZDP™ 6 phases
· Illustrate ZDP™ maturity & results based on objective evidence at the supplier’s operation
· Ensure incorporation of the ZDP™ required quality control actions
· Conducts Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) of supplier’s processes, products and supply chain activity
· This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
· Technical manufacturing and quality engineering competencies
· ZDP™ practitioner
· Results oriented
· Full-time availability and ability to travel up to 80% (Domestic and International)
· Effective time management, follow-through and communication
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Remote work locations may be considered depending on candidate qualifications & work experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.