ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER (NAVY)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace Mission Systems is searching for an electrical engineer or similar, who will provide engineering design, technical expertise, and occasional field support services to various maritime programs. As a member of the Electrical Design Department, this important role will work with experienced members from different disciplines, and must be able to communicate effectively, execute work accurately, and meet program milestones. The candidate must have knowledge of related industry and military standards, as well as the ability to adhere to department work instructions and industry best practices. This person will be expected to eventually become the technical expert on the electrical design of the various maritime programs that Collins Aerospace Mission Systems supports.
- Develop, design, test, and support various Programs throughout the product lifecycle. This involves system level PID control design and architecture, and component level circuit design for both analog and digital circuits.
- Provide the customer with occasional field support, which may include short-duration assists on deployed nuclear submarines
- Represent Electrical Engineering and/or Collins Aerospace at Customer reviews and meetings
- Review and interpret Customers’ requirements, then instantiate in realized product, and perform verifications through analysis or test
- Participate in the Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Prepare and deliver presentations to the Program and Customer as required
- Develop and implement technologies that continue to advance UTAS’s product offering
- US Citizen with ability to gain a DOD Secret clearance required. Existing and active clearance preferred. Requires participation in the DOD Drug Screening Pool.
- Experience with the design of test/production rigs with PID controllers (e.g. Allen-Bradley, Curtiss Wright) and Panel PC interface.
- Experience with 440 VAC, 3-phase power systems and fuel cell/stack technology desired.
- Open to travel to customer locations and/or platforms to support installed base, sometimes with very short notice. Willing and able to go to sea on board nuclear submarines for short durations.
- Open to working paid overtime, especially when detailed to field service assignments.
- US Navy experience preferred and former submarine experience highly desired.
- Travel approximately 10%, both domestic and international
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree from an accredited institution and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Ability to buy an additional week of vacation
- Employee scholar program
- Funding of courses for pursuing approved certifications
- Annual Merit and performance review
- Numerous paths for advancement – both within team you join and outside
- UTFlex program consideration
- Primary CareTake leave
- Parental Leave
- And More!!
At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.