Business System Support - Manufacturing processesApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Collins Digital Operations is looking for an experienced Manufacturing or Industrial Engineer focused in Advanced Manufacturing Digital Solutions and Systems support. This individual will be responsible for resolving complex manufacturing business problems within the Collins Operations sites, related to use of MES systems (primarily
Solumina and Aegis) and SAP. Provide first line and hands on support with manufacturing business systems issues including Solumina, Aegis (or other MES Systems) and SAP to the Global Operations sites. Some Autotime knowledge may also be beneficial.
This SAP Support role, working alongside the Planning & Inventory SAP Support team, will be primarily responsible for the manufacturing management and functionality in SAP ECC module along with other associated manufacturing support systems (Solumina, Aegis, Autotime, etc.). A thorough knowledge of manufacturing management principles and processes, production execution, capacity planning and scheduling, inventory WIP management, quality and supply & demand is required. Additional tasks could include (but not limited to):
- Answer day to day SAP inquiries from the Global Operations sites.
- Support SAP Security access process and approvals for Operations Management specific functional areas.
- Participate in SAP enhancements, service pack upgrades, dependent projects and supporting systems through requirements, design, test script development, testing and activation. Perform system regression testing for new releases or upgrades to SAP.
- Improve SAP utilization & effectiveness within all Global Operations value streams. Work with the Global Operations sites in the development of day to day business processes and standard work, policies and procedures driving consistency and standardization across Operations.
- Analyze complex business problems and develop solutions within Solumina, Aegis, SAP, or other business systems using available tools and technologies.
- Provide internal training and technical assistance as required to develop new and existing Super Users within each Global Operations site and value stream.
- Facilitate special initiatives in support of divisional objectives (i.e. new plant's, synergy projects, organizational changes, new products, etc.)
*** THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED AT ANY HERITAGE UTAS FACILITY ***
- Knowledge of Solumina, Aegis and SAP is highly preferred.
- SAP GUI scripting and VBA programming knowledge preferred.
- Report writing via Teradata or Business Warehouse also a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree in Materials Management, Business, Information Technology, or related field is required. Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in Manufacturing and Materials Management, Planning & Inventory, Industrial Engineering related SAP role or equivalent years of experience within targeted SAP module (ECC).
- This candidate must have excellent leadership and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead teams across the organization, strong business analysis skills and the ability to solve complex business problems by using information technology and business intelligence software. Our team supports Operations sites from Asia to Arizona with Business Unit customers throughout. Travel to these sites and Business Units is required.
- Must have a strong, demonstrated commitment to customer service and be committed to pro-active review of processes and procedures to continually enhance MES system or SAP service quality, service delivery and support.
- Must be deadline and project-oriented with strong organizational skills, in addition to having the ability to multi-task. The candidate must be comfortable in remote teamwork organizations and be self-reliant.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.