Associate Director Value Stream Leader - Program Manager, Maritime SolutionsApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This position manages a small plant/branch or a department that includes multiple teams led by Managers and/or Supervisors in Program Management, manages large programs or multiple medium-sized programs. Drives strategic planning efforts, develops milestones, spearheads solutions for program problems, oversees the P&L of programs, manages multiple important vendors, and leads contract negotiation.
• Leads large programs or multiple medium-sized programs to ensure adherence to program plans, schedules and budgets for programs under his/her responsibility.
• Oversees P&L of the program to ensure that profitability targets are met, and manages multiple important vendors.
• Establishes milestones and develops and owns program plans, schedules and budgets for complex programs.
• Reviews and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the program(s).
• Monitors value-stream strategy, progress and results to ensure that goals are achieved.
• Drives strategic planning efforts for medium and/or complex programs.
• Guides continuous improvement initiatives to optimize efficiency and quality.
• Identifies and responds to program problems and leads solutions, such as allocation of resources, changing contractual specifications, and leading responses to customer action items.
• Develops new business growth strategies to increase profitability and/or market share of the organization.
• Leads the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes, including coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operation budgets, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts to ensure legal compliance and to protect the organization’s interests.
• Directs all program phases from inception through completion.
• Interfaces with customers for project specifications to ensure successful completion.
• Manages the contract lifecycle, cost, schedule and performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
• Coordinates the negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts for programs.
• Establishes cost focused performance targets and directs work to achieve these targets.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
“This job is considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. The selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce.”
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this linkto read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.