Associate Director, ITC (International Trade Compliance)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.The nature of our global business is complex and we are part of one of the fastest growing industries on the planet. Our success relies on the Office of the General Counsel to help us get the job done. As a valued partner, the Office of the General Counsel plays an integral role in the Collins Aerospace technologies becoming a reality in space, in the air, or on the ground. The team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our collective world class team’s inventive ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
The ITC Portfolio Lead will be responsible for overall management of the ITC compliance program within the Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) & Space Systems portfolio of the Mission Systems Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
Mission Systems provides products and services to global military, government and civil customers to safely and successfully complete their most complex missions in space, in the air, at sea and on the ground. The ISR & Space Systems portfolio, headquartered in Windsor Locks, CT designs and manufactures products providing actionable intelligence through surveillance and reconnaissance solutions; environmental control and life support, thermal control and undersea systems for civil space and sea systems; and missile system products, power generation, management and distribution products and chemical detection for defense systems.
- Direct supervision and management of ITC Professionals located at the ISR & Space locations.
- Participate as a member on the ISR & Space Leadership Team and communicate relevant ITC topics and priorities
- Oversight and management of the ITC Program for ISR & Space to ensure compliance
- Oversight and management of ISR & Space export authorization and classification activities
- Preparation and support for focused assessments and audits
- Oversight and support for all ISR & Space ITC investigations and disclosures and timely completion of related corrective actions
- Responsible for implementing and managing entire ITC projects with significant scope and complexity
- Travel - Approximately 25%
- Business/leadership experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage competing priorities and meet multiple goals, plans and milestones
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of U.S. import/export regulations
- Experience working in a global, matrixed organization preferred
- ACE Associate preferred (UTC specific)
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.