Associate Director, ACEApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position is for a quality expert, recognized as a thought leader in ACE/Continuous Improvement. Recommends critical quality strategies and plans. Communicates with top executives on matters of strategic importance and develops cutting edge solutions to improve quality processes and systems.
• Recommends strategies for the implementation of lean, continuous improvement, and six sigma (Process Certification) processes while leading major projects in accordance with the ACE Criteria and program directives.
• Directs and delivers large, complex transformation initiatives that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions focused on continuous improvement.
• Oversees the deployment of ACE tools and methodologies in business and manufacturing environments to drive best in class processes while working to become an ACE Practitioner/ACE Master.
• Identifies new methods for implementing best practices aimed at ensuring quality control procedures effectively evaluate an organization’s products.
• Leads large and complex ACE Site Assessments to enable ACE site and cell certifications.
• Evaluates monthly ACE Performance Metrics to assess if organization objectives have been met in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality.
• Provides recommendations for the standards that should be used for the proper application and interpretation of the ACE criteria to become a certified ACE Silver/Gold assessor.
• Provides highly specialized expertise and advises on the development and content of all levels of ACE training materials to ensure a successful ACE Certification Program.
• Develops and manages quality programs (e.g., ACE) to assist internal staff, suppliers, customers, and partners with initiatives to reengineer processes and methods that adequately assure quality of an organization's products.
• Oversees internal ACE/lean trainings and facilitates ACE events.
• Ensures and enables ACE site & Cell certifications.
• Recommends process and procedural changes to ensure that company objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met.
• Ensures that quality control procedures adequately evaluate an organization's products.
• Provides process certification, PFMEA, 8D Problem Solving & Red-X and UPPAP element support and training.
This role requires a minimum of 50% travel.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 12 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Relocation assistance is available to qualified candidates
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.