Staff Engineer, Supply Chain Quality AssuranceApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HOR32: Wilsonville, OR 27300 SW Parkway , Wilsonville, OR, 97070-9215 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
• You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
• You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
• You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
Looking for a highly motivated individual to fulfill an opening as a Staff Engineer in our Avionics Supply Quality organization, located in Wilsonville, Oregon. Candidates should possess experience in Supplier Management with manufactured products, Quality Management Systems (QMS), Root Cause and Corrective Action, Continual Improvement, Data Analysis, Specification Review, Inspection Methods, Strong Understanding of GD&T as well as Project Management including team facilitation. Candidates must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills and an overall strong quality focus. They must be able to work within cross-functional teams to meet and improve upon established quality and delivery goals.
- Lead Supplier performance management by analyzing performance data, identifying opportunities for improvement and driving actions on supplier development
- Proactive reduction and prevention of supplied material defect occurrences and verification of supplied material defect claims
- Leading cross-functional teams in pursuit of performance improvements aligned to department and organizational goals
- Preventing/Minimizing business impact from supplied material defects; supplier quality risk mitigation
- Submitting, reviewing, coaching, accepting supplier corrective action requests
- Lead on-site supplier engagements, including performance reviews, process walks and Quality System audits
- Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Provide project management guidance and support to projects and processes
- Exercise independent judgment methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Leadership within supplied material performance organizational strategies, development / enhancement of Supplier Quality standard work, and Customer communications
- Influence supplier selection
- May require 25% - 30% Travel on average
Job Skills and Attributes:
- Leadership – Capable of leading cross-functional teams toward a shared goal
- Engaged – Constantly seeking ways to provide value and continually improve
- Proactive – Voluntarily provides status of pending due date assignments, assures understanding of roles/responsibilities
- Dependability – Exerts consistent effort to provide quality results
- Detail Orientation – Consistently produces quality results while evaluating all critical factors
- Judgments – Able to make well-informed business decisions
- Relationships – Displays sensitivity and awareness of how his/her actions affect customers, suppliers and co-workers
- Resolving Conflict – Deals professionally and firmly with conflict resolution
- Experience with AS9100 or ISO9000, Quality Management System (QMS) standards
- Supplier Management, Project Management and Change Management experience
- Expertise in manufacturing Special Processes & related industry organizations (Nadcap)
- Competence in conducting root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action
- Experience with continuous improvement, APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA, Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to influence others at all levels within an organization
- Strong presentation skills - able to analyze and present data to all levels of leadership
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
This position requires a STEM Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence required.
Experience in AS9100, Supplier Quality, ERP system, experience with continuous improvement, APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA, Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, etc.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.