Staff Engineer, Electrical - Hardware Design LeadApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HOR32: Wilsonville, OR 27300 SW Parkway , Wilsonville, OR, 97070-9215 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Are you ready to join a team of passionate multi-skilled engineers in the development of complex electronics for the Aerospace industry? We are looking for a highly skilled self-motivated engineer to help us lead, architect and design our next generation products.
Collins Aerospace HGS (Head-up Guidance Systems) Electrical Engineering is responsible for all electrical engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of aerospace head-up displays, helmet mounted displays, and avionics visual sensor systems, both in the commercial and military fields.
This Staff level opportunity is an engineering lead and design position. This position requires a background in high-speed digital board design along with FPGA design and verification. Engineering design responsibilities include all aspects of the design and verification, from requirements definition through the introduction of the design into manufacturing. Engineering lead activities include bid and proposal, cost account management for electrical schedule and budget, technical team leadership and coordination with team members from other disciplines. This position will work with little or no supervision.
- Design electronic assemblies and FPGAs for commercial and military Head Up Displays, Helmet Mounted Displays, and Enhanced Vision Sensors
- Perform engineering lead tasks and cost account management activities for electrical development projects
- Define requirements for a new designs and develop requirements specification
- Perform preliminary design-including hardware and firmware conceptual design, block diagrams, trade off studies and design reviews
- Perform detailed design-including schematic capture, FPGA coding, design analysis and simulation, and design reviews
- Support board level integration
- Perform functional tests and design verification tests
- Support Electrical Qualification Tests per DO-160
- Present FPGA for flight certification SOI Audits per DO-254
- Oversee efforts and train less experienced designers
- Define Production Test Requirements
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Advanced skills with digital electronics design and hardware development
Should have exposure to FPGA design & verification
- Avionics development in a DO-254 certification environment
- Hi Resolution - low latency video processing with FPGAs
- Video Display control
- Project Management
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
* Tuition reimbursement
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
* Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
* Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
* Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
* Autism Benefit
* Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
* Adoption Assistance
* Best Doctors, second opinion program
* And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.