Staff Focal Plane EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HMA03: ISR Systems - Westford HO 7 Technology Park Drive, Westford, MA, 01886 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you will have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow.
Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today. Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that would not be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Come join our team in Westford, MA where we are currently searching for a Staff Focal Plane Engineer to support the development and sustainment of our various focal planes that we provide to our Domestic and International customers as part of our ISR solutions for our Mission Systems business unit.
Job Description and Summary:
This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference. This position will be responsible for supporting the development of new focal planes from the requirements phase through the test phase and into production. Responsibilities will include supporting the validation, characterization and test of focal plane arrays for electro-optical performance. The team member will work with other team members to: 1) develop/maintain test plans, test procedures and test environments, 2) analyze focal plane test data and 3) collaborate with vendors.
Your diverse array of job responsibilities will include:
- Support generation of focal plane array requirements
- Generate/review focal plane array test plans and procedures
- Support the debug, characterization and test of focal plane arrays
- Generate/review test plan reports
- Support generation of technical and cost proposals
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
Preferred skills or experience with any of the following:
- Experience testing infrared and visible sensors, and their components - focal plane arrays (FPA), readout integrated circuits (ROIC), integrated Dewar/cooler assemblies (IDCA), or detector materials
- Experience in design, set-up and troubleshooting of test equipment for infrared and visible sensors
- Experience in writing test plans and procedures
- Experience in performing data analysis with MatLab, Python or similar tools
- Experience in writing test reports
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to drive tasks to closure
- Ability to interact with customers (internal/external) and correctly interpret their needs and requirements
- Experience with MS Office
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must also be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) (minimum 10% domestically)
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.