Field Service RepresentativeApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HMA03: ISR Systems - Westford HO 7 Technology Park Drive, Westford, MA, 01886 USA
t Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
Candidate will act as a Field Service Representative. Candidate will provide technical support at various customer sites including international customers. When not travelling, candidate will be responsible for testing of electro-optical systems and other hardware in support of production Integration and Testing as well as customer field returns.
Duties will include supporting complex company equipment and testing such as EMI/EMC, flight testing, and final acceptance testing.
Technical training for customers will be a requirement using approved company training materials.
- Potential extended travel up to 70% of time to international and domestic customer sites to support activities including fill in for other FSR’s.
- On-site installation, repair, maintenance and test activities directly supporting our customer base.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematic diagrams, system data flow charts, and technical descriptions of the systems.
- Must be able to effectively use general and specialized test equipment to check-out and troubleshoot systems.
- Must be an excellent problem solver and capable of providing viable courses of action to the customer based on timely assessment and analysis.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Provide technical training to customers based on current developed course materials.
- Work on flight line, aircraft and ground support equipment at customer sites.
- Performs other administrative duties associated with the job, including but not limited to electronic expense reports, daily time cards, Field Service Reports.
- Support all system customer equipment including ground station computer network operation and maintenance at various customer locations.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- 7+ years experience in maintaining/test of complex electro-optical systems and computer networks.
- Capable of operating test equipment (oscilloscope, multimeter, RF Analyzers).
- UNIX/Linux system administration and scripting experience are desired.
- Experience in system administration, monitoring and troubleshooting networks is desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and data entry skills.
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision
- Must be willing and able to work in various environmental conditions.
- Ability to lift and move equipment up to 55 pounds.
- Must be able to meet medical and physical fitness requirements to enter into and maintain deployment in accordance with customer requirements.
- Military background with deployment experience preferred.
- Must communicate effectively with internal and external customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and complete high volumes of work.
- Able to travel internationally and domestically. (Up to 70% travel international or domestic on short notice to support assignment).
- Ability to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and participate in on-call duties.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US passport.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance required.
- Must be US Citizen
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.