Contracts SpecialistApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HMA03: ISR Systems - Westford HO 7 Technology Park Drive, Westford, MA, 01886 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This position is for an established contract professional who: performs analysis and generates complex proposals and contract documents, and makes improvements to functional processes to ensure the organization's compliance and effectiveness.
The Contracts Specialist provides contract support on complex Government contracts as assigned. Working closely with the Program Manager and other team members, the Contract Specialist participates in the proposal process serving as Contracts lead, providing advice and counsel to the program team, negotiating with the customer and ensuring proper execution of contracts and agreements. The Contracts Specialist provides all post-award contract management and administration ensuring compliance with contractual requirements, regulations, corporate policies and best practices. This position is located in Westford, Massachusetts.
- Provide cradle-to-grave contract management and administration for assigned contracts
- Receive and review all customer requests for proposals and information ensuring coordination with the program/proposal team. Participate in the proposal process as Contracts lead
- Review and/or draft proposed contract terms & conditions, identifying contractual and business risks, and negotiate in accordance with policies
- Maintain all contractual records and documentation in accordance with company practice. Ensure the proper entry of contractual data into SAP
- Provide advice and counsel to program managers and other internal customers on contract matters, including identification and mitigation of contract and business risk, as well as provide training in contract practices and procedures
- Ensure proper internal flow down of contractual obligations and requirements
- Protect Intellectual Property interest through appropriate contract terms and conditions and Non-Disclosure Agreements as appropriate
- Monitor compliance with all contract requirements, regulations, corporate policies and best practices; maintaining vigilant oversight of program activities to identify and quantify potential scope creep and help management the business
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.
- In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Interpretation, drafting, and negotiation of contract terms and conditions
- Strong interpersonal skills including teamwork and the ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels internally, as well as customers and suppliers
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)/Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) preferred
- Broad knowledge of contract types: FFP, Cost-Plus, Time and Material
- Skilled in reviewing and analyzing terms and conditions of contractual instruments
- Ability to identify liability, risk and intellectual property issues and propose solutions
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this linkto read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.