Senior Quality EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA02: Engine Comp (TFT) - WDM 4th St 811 Fourth Street, West Des Moines, IA, 50265 USA
This position is for a Seasoned Quality Engineering professional. Works as an individual contributor to achieve objectives that have a significant impact on area of responsibility. May manage Quality Engineering processes and/or projects. Uses experience and knowledge to perform quality evaluation and to influence the development, modification and application of subject hardware.
- Maintain a close relationship with customer and program leadership to ensure compliant hardware deliveries.
- Responsible for both Program and Product Quality Engineering.
- Understand customer requirements and expectations and be able to communicate those key points to internal production team and the supply chain. Programs include both military and commercial applications
- Primary quality point of contact for production of commercial and military fuel nozzles and spraybars
- Provides analysis and explanations of inspection plans, methods and technologies to assure reliability and conformance of products and processes.
- Prepare, review, and audit First Article Inspections (AS9102).
- Coordinate preparation and management of Notification of Escapes with suppliers, internal manufacturing and the customer.
- Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts.
- Lead cross-functional teams in solving problems, with the use of structured problem-solving tools.
- Develops proactive quality initiative strategies and drives their implementation.
- Utilizes UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.) to identify and make recommendations for managing risk in product development.
- Interpret engineering and specification requirements to prepare, review and approve specific quality documents such as Quality Plans and Inspection Plans.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for root cause and corrective action for nonconformities and/or design problems for internally produced products & processes
- Help drive process improvements and cost savings utilizing a continuous improvement mentality
- Coordinate the implementation of new inspection methodologies.
- Participate in customer, as well as third party regulatory and internal audits.
- Support Material Review Board (MRB) activities.
- Review and approve Manufacturing change orders (MCO) and Engineering Changes.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a US Person
- Willing to relocate to Des Moines, IA
- Ability to travel 10%
- Experience with ACE or another continuous improvement program
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis (fault tree, fishbone diagrams, etc.)
- Experience with SAP/ERP
- Basic understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
- Ability to work independently, as well as work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, be thorough and detail oriented, with strong job closure and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous customer and supplier interaction
- Previous work experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Moderate proficiency with 3D computer aided design (CAD) software, Solidworks preferred
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.