Associate Engineer, Mfg/OpsApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA02: Engine Comp (TFT) - WDM 4th St 811 Fourth Street, West Des Moines, IA, 50265 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!Role Overview
This position is for a Professional in Manufacturing Engineering. Participates in the design and arrangement of machines and sequence of operations, and may check that mandatory modifications are incorporated to ensure legal compliance.
• Participates in the design and arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure more efficient and productive layout.
• May propose the sequence of operations and installations and supports in specifying procedures for fabrication of tools and equipment and other processes which may include disassembly/assembly and repairs, to ensure efficiency and optimize performance.
• Participates in the development of manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control to ensure compliance and effective production.
• May check and validate that mandatory modifications, programs, and bulletins are incorporated or complied with, as required by the customer and the applicable regulatory requirements, to ensure legal compliance and adherence to quality standards.
• Designs and develops manufacturing processes for products, taking into consideration problems inherent in the transfer of technology from research to manufacturing.
• Such design and development may include new or revised processes.
• Develops procedures for the economical mass production in cooperation with pilot-plant and production departments.
• Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over applicable variables; and services, troubleshoots and solves production process problems with processes or equipment already in operation.
• Reviews field support requirements and recommends tools and test equipment.
• Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment.
• May make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline by Summer 2020. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- This position requires student experience (internship or co-op) with Collins Aerospace in 2019.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.