Subcontract Program ManagerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HVT01: S&IS (FUS) - Vergennes 100 Panton Rd, Vergennes, VT, 05491 USA
This position will provide the candidate with the opportunity to manage key suppliers associated with the Communication, Navigation and Guidance, Government Subcontract Portfolios. In this role, the Subcontract Program Manager (SPM) will own the life cycle of various third-party products utilized by the Guidance and Navigation Solutions Business Unit within Mission Systems. This will include the pursuit, development, execution and sustainment of third party supplied products.
The function of this position is to direct and manage the activities between Collins Aerospace and Subcontractors/Suppliers during the life cycle of a product/program/new initiative or co-production of products while ensuring compliance with Company/Government policies and procedures. The primary focus of this position is to obtain optimum product/services in terms of costs, quality and delivery, consistent with an approved business/subcontracting plan and Company/Government policies and procedures.
• Leads the subcontracting effort to establish the overall subcontract plan, proposal review criteria, analysis and evaluation of proposals.
• Acts as Business Advisor to internal customers; employs business acumen and experience to provide market knowledge, supply chain solutions, and proactive support to business units.
• Plans and leads negotiation with suppliers.
• Work with Supply Chain Contract Manager to prepare and negotiate contractual documents.
• Leads and conducts proposal preparation, and management of highly complex major subcontracts.
• Manages contract performance for conformance to original proposal. Responsible for leading cadences with subcontractors and providing status to internal stakeholders.
• Briefs Senior Management as required, attends meetings with suppliers’ upper management.
• Responsible for all subcontract products and services on assigned program. This includes managing obsolete parts, production, and on-time delivery. May be responsible for product and service roadmap for future subcontracted product features/enhancements.
• Provides work leadership for lower-level employees.
• Makes supplier visits as required to insure support of program and customer requirements and schedules.
• Serves as primary contact for subcontracts. Charged with building and maintaining relationship with Director-level program management and having cognizance over a portfolio of programs.
• Acts as official company representative regarding legal requirements, customer specifications and government regulations.
• Works independently on complex business issues requiring development of solutions, interprets policies, procedures and practices and is responsible for enforcing these policies internally as well as in Subcontractor relationships.
• Provides leadership, guidance and direction for major programs/projects for all Subcontract related activities.
• Supervise and direct the activities of Subcontract Administrators, Buyers, and Supply Chain Contract Managers assigned to support the major Business areas/programs.
• Owns, develops and leads the internal department cadence reviews and also internal customer cadence reviews.
• Manage overall program/project cost, schedule and risk of assigned programs and present program status at program reviews to senior management.
• Conceive, develop, coordinate, implement and manage Subcontracts plan for assigned major programs, to optimize cost and ensure Subcontractor/Supplier performance.
• Searches out and investigates qualified suppliers and manufacturers. Utilizes Commodities and Sourcing organizations when doing so.
• Develops new supply sources where needed.
• Responsible for managing programs which are of moderate to high risk and high complexity.
• Responsible for execution of programs in excess of $100M (total program) with significant and/or critical subcontract content.
Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
Ability to lead cross functional teams (program manager, technical project manager, engineering, quality, business development, contract management, finance & operations)
Previous experience negotiating supplier agreements is required
Ability to view ITAR & FOUO Technical Data
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Ability to be flexible & effective with remote work, hybrid/remote work, & travel as necessary
Previous subcontract/supplier program management a plus
Previous aerospace industry experience preferred
Previous government subcontracting experience is desirable
Previous experience writing FAR compliant proposals preferred
Experience writing Statement of Works
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.