Staff Engineering Services TechnicianApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HVT01: S&IS (FUS) - Vergennes 100 Panton Rd, Vergennes, VT, 05491 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
- This position is for a staff Engineering Services and Support technician who is under moderate supervision. Performs moderately complex technical tasks which contribute to the planning and execution of engineering projects. Confers with engineers on details and implications of test procedures and results. Assists in orienting, training, and assigning work of technical/business support employees.
- Works under moderate supervision to provide technical support to engineers on a variety of engineering tasks.
- Performs moderately complex technical tasks which contribute to the planning and execution of engineering projects.
- Analyzes workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, or machine utilization.
- Diagnoses test setups and equipment to resolve malfunctions.
- Conducts moderately complex materials test and analysis.
- Confers with engineers on details and implications of test procedures and results.
- Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of tasks.
- Plans and executes experiments and gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes to support engineering disciplines.
- Analyzes, maintains, compiles and formats data and design changes.
- Produces drawings, reports and engineering documentation.
- Performs research and engineering laboratory functions involving the layout, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modification or electronic or electro-mechanical devices, assemblies, subsystems, and systems
- Utilize microelectronic, electronic, optical, electro-optical, mechanical, or electromechanical equipment, including computers and lasers.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, calibration, and modification of hardware, fixtures, and software.
- Structure modifications to programs w/ LabView or other software tools.
- Develop software programs to run NC machines.
- Knowledge of electrical principles and circuit design.
- Proficient in electrical schematic reading,
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of electrical test equipment (oscilloscopes, DMM’s, Hipots, Cap bridges)
- Experience with National Instruments programs (LabView, NI Max)
- Sufficient mobility to work in all areas of the facility
- Ability to move equipment requiring an applied force of 50 lbs
- Ability to work in awkward postures for extended periods
- Ability to wear safety shoes, eye protection and hearing protection for extended periods
- Occasional use of stepladders is required for this position
This position requires either:
- An AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 8 years of relevant experience is required OR
- A Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 2 years of relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.