Mechanical Designer/DrafterApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HVT01: S&IS (FUS) - Vergennes 100 Panton Rd, Vergennes, VT, 05491 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
- This position is for a senior Drafting Services / Product Definition technician who is under general supervision. Performs basic to moderately complex drafting duties by operating Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment. Assists with drafting detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects to ensure conformance to specifications. May assist in orienting, training, and assigning work of technical/business support employees.
- Works under general supervision to assist engineers with all activities related to part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings.
- Performs basic to moderately complex drafting duties by operating Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment such as digitizers, plotters, CRT’s, and associated peripheral equipment and software.
- Assists with drafting detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Prepares reports on project activities and data.
- Reviews basic project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
- Supports engineers in determining accuracy of work and maintaining drafting standards.
- Plans, lays-out, draws, and revises detailed part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, references, and data.
- Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices using computer aided design systems.
- Determines scaling, inserts necessary reference datum, center and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning.
- Prepares complete production detail drawings.
- Develops design drawings according to engineering sketches and proposal specifications.
- This position requires a HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.