Materials Associate IApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HVT01: S&IS (FUS) - Vergennes 100 Panton Rd, Vergennes, VT, 05491 USA
This position is for an entry-level Materials Planning and SIOP professional who participates in the supply and demand planning process, and responsible for making minor changes in systems and processes to solve problems and improve effectiveness of work area. May work with internal team to develop financial forecasts.
- Gather parts and units required by various product lines.
- Remove materials from shipping containers to prepare for production.
- Accurately read and follow work orders, procedures, routing, and other work instructions.
- Deliver gathered parts and units to necessary areas.
- Take ownership for accuracy of inventory and lot batch traceability Receiving
- Acknowledge, verify and record the accuracy, quantity and condition of material received.
- Examination and verification of all items for damage and accuracy of item type and quantity.
- Initiation of system transaction to facilitate item issue/receipt.
- Responsible for quality.
- Meet internal customer production deadlines through delivery of material.
- Build kits and gather units that meet production schedules.
- Responsible to comply with applicable elements of quality systems.
- Work successfully in a team environment.
- Plan and prioritize work to meet production schedules and quality requirements. • Handle multiple tasks.
- Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certifications as required.
- Request tools and supplies in accordance with project requirements.
- Comply with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
- Participate in cost reduction, scrap reduction, lean, process improvement, etc.
- Train and/or coach others as needed.
- Demonstrate a proactive role in problem solving
- Demonstrate initiative to keep processes moving and on schedule.
- Understand and use computer tools such as SAP.
- Achieve special process certification where applicable.
- Interface with other functional groups to update, inform, acknowledge or resolve problems related to materials issues.
- Effectively interact with others.
- Participation Participate in audits.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 1 to 3 months of inventory or retail experience
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
- Inventory experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and follow detailed instructions.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
- Ability to focus on safety and quality is extremely important.
- Highly motivated and dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, detailed instructions, and work instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Reasoning Ability: (The level needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.)
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Competencies: The five most critical competencies for this position 1) Action Orientation 2) Customer Focus 3) Functional/Technical Skills 4) Informing 5) Time Management
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
- For positions considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines, Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
- For positions considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA Guidelines, Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug- Free Workforce
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.