Inspection Technician IApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HVT01: S&IS (FUS) - Vergennes 100 Panton Rd, Vergennes, VT, 05491 USA
Inspect production machine and process setups when applicable using first production pieces, setup pieces, shift samples, etc. according to checklists, blueprints, routings and standards. Inspect manufactured products, purchased samples, materials and parts, control samples, processes, or test data for conformity to blueprints, specifications and standards. Report inspection results and substandard conditions on appropriate forms or computer. Identify product items as accepted or dispositioned. Inform supervision of abnormal situations. Arrange item transport if necessary. Perform above on an entry level basis with close supervision.
- Receiving Inspection and/or Production Inspection, Audits, SAP Transactions
- Be familiar with and inspect multiple company products and/or commodities to assure compliance to requirements
- Assure product & company documentation is complete & accurate prior to shipment
- Document inspection activities on appropriate inspection records
- Maintain inspection records in an organized manner
- Make decisions regarding product acceptance per product documentation and company workmanship criteria
- Document product discrepancies per company procedures
- Disposition product non-conformances as approved
- Assist QA Engineering in corrective action follow-up
- Ability to prioritize numerous tasks to meet schedule needs.
- Understand & interpret design data (prints, BOM's, etc.)
- Understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Use proper inspection methods & equipment (inspection hand tools, surface plate, etc.)
- Assist QA Engineering in development of inspection methods and procedures
- Capable of supporting multiple product lines and/or commodities
- Answer quality & inspection questions
- Perform product & quality system audits as required
- Maintain applicable skills, knowledge, & certifications as required
- Complete SAP transactions per company procedures
- Miscellaneous duties as required
- Support Customer Source Inspection activities as needed
- Generating the applicable return to service tag (FAA 8130-3, CAAC AAC-038, and Certificate of Conformance) in accordance with applicable government agencies (FAA, EASA, CAAC, etc.) requirements
- Miscellaneous duties as required
- Support company goals, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement
- Be aware of company goals & product schedule needs
- Prioritize inspection activities to meet goals & schedule needs
- Respond to company needs
- Assure proper inspection coverage for area of responsibility
- Assist & back-up other areas as needed
- Train others in quality requirements & inspection tasks
- Identify and implement improvement ideas to engineering
- Assist in company quality initiatives, continuous improvement & problem solving
- Other Support groups, Supplier contact, Customer satisfaction
- Take work direction from QA Engineering, from manufacturing on daily work scheduling priorities, and from other support groups as required
- Interface with Engineering on product quality issues
- Work with other support groups to assure proper product quality, documentation, traceability & delivery
- Assist in determining and implementing corrective actions on problems
- Supply product performance & quality data as required
- Answer & assist others regarding quality questions & issues
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, engineering, other support groups, CSA etc.
- Minimum Education Requirement: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 18 months experience in Aerospace
- Part 65 FAA Certified Airframe and power plant License or a Repairman Certificate must be obtained within three months after hire
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
- This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
- Ability to work overtime and in multiple areas for inspection back-up as needed.
- FAA A&P Certificate a plus
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
- For positions considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines, Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
- For positions considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA Guidelines, Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug- Free Workforce
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.