Assembler II - FAA- 2nd ShiftApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HVT01: S&IS (FUS) - Vergennes 100 Panton Rd, Vergennes, VT, 05491 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
- Perform solder rework per J-STD-001 requirements
- Perform mechanical and/or electrical assembly
- Perform inspection and maintain a qualified operator program (QOP) certifications.
- Perform unique assembly processes.
- Accurately read drawings/blueprints.
- Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
- Demonstrate proper use of electrical and mechanical measuring devices.
- Accurately read and follow procedures, routing, and other work instructions.
- Meet internal and external customer deadlines as determined by the team.
- Work successfully in a team environment.
- Handle multiple tasks.
- Comply with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts (ACE).
- Demonstrate flexibility to meet deadlines and quality requirements.
- Demonstrate initiative to keep processes moving and on schedule.
- Understand and use computer tools such as SAP and accurately follow work instructions.
- Achieve special process certification where applicable.
- Demonstrate a proactive role in problem-solving.
- Pursue certifications in continuous improvement (ACE).
- Proficient with basic computer skills and data entry
- Soldering/rework experience
- Experience working in production/manufacturing environment at least 2 years
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and assembly instructions.
- Strong mechanical and soldering skills
- Ability to focus on safety and quality is extremely important.
- Highly motivated and dedicated to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Willing to work overtime when needed
- Must be able to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
- Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
- This is an FAA safety sensitive position and if selected the applicant will be required to be in the FAA Drug and Alcohol Pool.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.