Software Engineer - B-52 Simulation & TrainingApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
Software Engineer - Mission Systems
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a entry-level Software Engineering professional responsible for software engineering processes and activities. Consolidates test results and conducts single disciplinary research, applying hardware and software standards.
• Conducts engineering processes and standard work, including verification and qualification procedures.
• Compiles and consolidates testing on diagnostic systems containing logical and mathematical solutions.
• Assists in conducting disciplinary research on one or more stages of the equipment design phase to develop design options and recommendations.
• Learns hardware and software standards and ensures work product adheres to these standards and business objectives of the organization are met.
• Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
• Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
• Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition.
• Ensures hardware and software standards are met.
• Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
• May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use.
• May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
• Includes control modeling (model based design).
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and less than 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.