Sr Associate Materials PlannerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HWA02: Wheels & Brakes (Carbon)-Spoka 11135 W Westbow Lane, Spokane, WA, 99204 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This position is for an established Materials Planning and SIOP professional who participates in the supply and demand planning process, and is responsible for making minor changes or enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems and improve effectiveness of work area. May work with internal team to develop financial forecasts.
• Participates in developing strategies for materials planning and SIOP
• Participates in the development of standardized processes within materials planning and SIOP in order to optimize the utilization of business resources and meet customer expectations for delivery.
• Supports the development of indicators that enable visibility to short and long-term market trends and demand.
• Identifies appropriate demand streams and supports in establishing data relationship linkages.
• May work with product development leaders and sales and marketing teams to develop demand forecasts.
• Supports in planning capacity and fulfillment demand with plant manufacturing operations.
• May work with manufacturing team and participates in the development of monthly production volume planning using the business forecast, inventory position, actual customer orders, and the defined capacity parameters.
• Participates in identifying and developing new technologies to improve materials planning and SIOP capability, sustainability, and reliability.
• May be responsible for tracking appropriate metrics to drive results and continuous improvement.
• Supports in the development of processes and plans to improve supply capabilities.
• Participates in establishing clear and robust metrics to measure progress through process improvements for SIOP
• Creates and executes plan for every part and maintain master data for purchased parts, sub-assemblies, end items and other parts as required.
• Facilitates the capacity management process, including identification and escalation of long term capacity gaps to ensure successful execution of customer demands in support of SI&OP.
• Executes continuous management of the master demand schedule, including adherence to all required validations using the best information available, in order to provide long range OE and aftermarket demand visibility in support of financial planning, internal and external capacity management, and the overall SI&OP process.
• Monitors the transportation and delivery of inter/intraplant parts and outbound finished products.
• Tracks and manages inter/intraplant work in process (WIP), promise dating, expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery and flow.
• May oversee command center and drive part shortage resolution.
• Monitors tracking and shipping.
• Performs escalated expediting when required to ensure on time delivery of material.
• Mitigates risks for short term shortages with internal suppliers to ensure successful customer delivery.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.