Finisher 1Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HWA02: Wheels & Brakes (Carbon)-Spoka 11135 W Westbow Lane, Spokane, WA, 99204 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
As a Finisher 1, the operator will manually apply oxidation protection system slurry, control automated application robots, manually move parts using a fork-truck or pallet jack, weigh carbon disks, and assemble carbon disks with steel hardware. Additional duties apply.
Experience and Qualifications
Familiarity with and knowledge of the following elements is expected:
• Assembly and completion of documentation for each process step including production and/or engineering parts request, shop orders, and load verification as required
• External and internal set up for each operation • EH&S requirements for oxidation inhibitor and riveting processes
• Fill out Record of Inspections • MES Proper use of PPE, chemical usage, and chemical waste management Operate the following equipment and tools:
• Fork truck • Big Joe • Riveters both manual and automated
• Scales, calipers, micrometers • Bar Code Scanning Equipment
• Various tools (mixes, hotplates, etc.)
• Automated Oxidation coating station training
• Oxidation bake out Ovens training
• Computers Familiarity with supporting facilities in finishing area:
• Oxidation bake out Ovens • Power and pneumatic equipment Familiarity with process controls:
• Exposure to Distributive Control System (DCS) and procedures
• Drawing requirements (Assembly) Familiarity with process monitoring and quality checks
• Verify final assembled parts meet print
HS Diploma or GED required
Ability to work 12 hour shifts. Ability to work alternating shifts: 4 days on/4 days off; Rotating from days and nights every 6 weeks
Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in the English language
This position does not provide sponsorship.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required
• Drug Screens for rehires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.