Marketing Manager, Commercial Avionics (CA)Apply Now
Requisition ID: 16767
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation, and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
We are currently looking for Pr Marketing Manager, Commercial Avionics (CA), to join our Avionics division. This position is responsible to grow and manage the Commercial Systems Avionics forward fit and aftermarket business in APAC. It has the responsibility for the formulation of the business strategies which address the current and future market requirements in the Region for the CA market segment: Air Transport Avionics (Communication, Navigation, and Surveillance). Main areas of expertise are around Weather Radar, MMR, TCAS, and aftermarket Go-to-market plan to assist in growth in sales and aftermarket opportunities.
- Plan and manage the Marketing effort for CA and aftermarket pursuits.
- Identify, plan and qualify opportunities in conjunction with regional Sales team, Services and Business units’ strategies.
- Support the Salesforces and CA Business Unit by providing market and competitive assessments, and participate in the pursuit strategy formulation.
- Regional lead for coordination and execution of aftermarket programs, to ensure flawless execution.
- Develop a Go-to-Market plan to assist the Sales team in their efforts to grow sales in the Asia Pacific region.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of strategic business plans in designated areas of responsibility, including new areas of growth beyond the core business plan objectives.
- Conduct in-depth research and market assessments that enable the projection of future market needs.
- Able to develop and gain industry insights into the competitive landscape. Gather key intelligence of competitive market intelligence in the region, strength and weakness so that Sales team are properly equipped when engaging with their customers.
- Pro-actively support the Sales team in executing their order plan by providing tools (sales kits, brochures, demonstration plan, etc.) and directions.
- Provide inputs to the communication group (in the region and in the US) to develop the MARCOM collaterals. Contribute to the implementation of the regional communication plan.
- Lead/Support market facing events such as shows and conferences. This includes organizing and support Collins Aerospace events, Trade/Industry shows.
- Support and guide business areas in the development and sale of products, services, certification, and capabilities to meet identified customer need in order to achieve profitable growth.
- Lead the capture of operational requirements for the CA strategic segment.
- Able to understand the technical aspects of the market requirements and support Marketing requirements and business plan justification through the Decision Point Process.
- Establish and maintain contacts with senior influential customers and provide the liaison between customer and company personnel.
- Interface with the customers to influence specifications, statements of needs and required operational capabilities, to create win-win situations for the customer and for the division’s products and services.
- Interface with the Business Unit to drive market requirements for regional product specifications, functionalities, and certification needs.
- Provide an interface and coordination with Program Management, Engineering, Sales and the Marketing leadership in performing research, plan development, pursuits, and execution of programs on a program by program basis.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers, at the appropriate levels as well as to division management personnel. Support the company in market facing activities acting as a brand carrier for the company.
- Encourage customers to provide a full account of their problem, paraphrases for clarity, and then works with the customer to develop a favorable solution.
- Able to make quick and well-informed decisions, even under high-pressure situations.
- Create networks of contacts by participating in both industry and community events, across the APAC region demonstrating cultural empathy.
- Establish the appropriate network of contacts across both Avionics and Business Unit to establish champions in the appropriate areas to ensure real, win, worth business cases.
- Develop and deliver clear and effective presentations, skillfully addressing difficult questions and managing the audience.
- Display sensitivity and awareness of how his/her actions affect Customers and Co-workers.
- Speak clearly and comfortably in both planned and impromptu situations.
- Make recommendations for ways to capitalize on the organization's competitive strengths.
- Educate the team about the value of diversity and encourages its members to take advantage of the diverse backgrounds and experiences of team members.
- Ability to build comraderies’ with fellow colleagues and leadership gaining their trust and making the team better.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate discipline or equivalent with 6- 8 years of related experience with extensive knowledge of Air Transport Avionics systems. MBA is a plus.
- Flight/Pilot operations experience, maintenance/ repair operations, or engineering experience is preferred although not required.
- Proven track record of performance goals, budget management, and good communication skills.
- Proven Sales & Technical Sales experience.
- Proven interaction with customers at various levels; proficient in both oral and written English.
- Relationship and contact with Asia Pacific airline representatives are highly valued.
- Proven development and execution of Marketing Plans and product/system/solution positioning in the marketplace.
- Working knowledge of FAA/EASA STC process.
- Working knowledge and experience in the Sensor & Fire Protection Product Lines.
- Previous engagement with OEM.
- 50% of travel is required.
- The position is based in Singapore on local terms.
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth andsuccess at our company by providing development opportunities. And that’s just for starters.
Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.