Designer / DrafterApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HSC32: US070-Simpsonville, SC 1001 Old Stage Road , Simpsonville, SC, 29681 USA
This position is for a senior Drafting Services / Product Definition technician who is under general supervision. Performs basic to moderately complex drafting duties by operating Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment. Assists with drafting detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects to ensure conformance to specifications. May assist in orienting, training, and assigning work of technical/business support employees.
• Works under general supervision to assist engineers with all activities related to part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings.
• Performs basic to moderately complex drafting duties by operating Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment such as digitizers, plotters, CRT’s, and associated peripheral equipment and software.
• Assists with drafting detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Prepares reports on project activities and data.
• Reviews basic project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
• Supports engineers in determining accuracy of work and maintaining drafting standards.
• Plans, lays-out, draws, and revises detailed part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, references, and data.
• Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices using computer aided design systems.
• Determines scaling, inserts necessary reference datum, center and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning.
• Prepares complete production detail drawings.
• Develops design drawings according to engineering sketches and proposal specifications.
• Includes classifications normally populated by non-degreed personnel.
This position requires an HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second.Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.