Senior Software EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:OTPRH: Puerto Rico Home Offices Remote Location, Remote City, PR, 06032 USA
This position is for a seasoned Software Engineering professional, working independently. Conducts moderately complex tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems. Undertakes multidisciplinary research, and works on system capabilities analysis to determine end user needs. This position will begin remotely due to the pandemic and require travel to Aguadilla, Puerto Rico in the future.
- Conducts and coordinates moderately complex tests for control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research in assisting equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software to develop software engineering activities.
- Analyzes system capabilities and determines end user needs to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition to ensure current and future needs of the business are met.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition.
- Ensures hardware and software standards are met.
- Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
- May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use.
- May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
- Includes control modeling (model based design).
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Proficiency in analysis, design and development of simple applications or portions of more complex applications
- Ability to develop/modify software based on functional specifications
- Experience conducting test planning & unit- tests
- Experience in code review or performance monitoring
- Previous experience working in the aerospace industry
- Experience with investigation and understanding new technologies
- Experience with databases / DBA
- Experience in Python
- Experience with object oriented programming languages
- Proficiency in software development using Ada, C/C++, C#, or Jovial in an embedded real time system environment
- Experience of Linux kernel development, Linux device drivers, or the creation of software applications using Qt
- Experience in version control software development and management such as SVN and GIT or knowledge on how to use version control
- Experience with Agile software development
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Global Engineering Center (GEC) at Collins Aerospace Puerto Rico
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation.
In January 2021, Collins Aerospace will be expanding a new Global Engineering Center (GEC) facility in Puerto Rico, with plans to hire up to 250 employees over the next 5 years at our Aguadilla site.
Join our growing engineering team in Puerto Rico, where you will provide critical support to Collins SBUs – including our Mission Systems and Power & Controls teams – working on exciting programs and projects ranging from the development of the next generation of advanced concept ejection seats to the latest technologies for the U.S. warfighter.
Do you have what it takes to be a part of a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams and the status quo, and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.