Senior Quality EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA04: Wheels & Brakes (Carbon) -SFS 11120 S Norwalk Blvd, Santa Fe Springs, CA, 90670 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
• You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
• You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
• You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position is for a Seasoned Quality Engineering professional. Works as an individual contributor to achieve objectives that have a significant impact on area of responsibility. May managed Quality Engineering processes and/or projects. Uses experience and knowledge to influence the development, modification, application, and maintenance, or quality evaluation, control systems, and protocols.
• Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality evaluation, control systems and protocols.
• Provides analysis and explanations of testing and inspection plans, methods and technologies to assure reliability and conformance of products and processes.
• Analyzes and makes recommendations for corrective actions for nonconformities and/or design problems for internally produced products &processes.
• Utilizes UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.) to identify and make recommendations for managing risk in product development.
• Manages processes to ensure all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
• Reviews process control documentation to ensure it is in compliance with requirements, objectives, and/or contracts.
• Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for materials being processed into partially finished or finished products.
• Working with product design and specification, devises testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of productCollaborates internally to ensure quality standards are in effect.
• Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts.
• Identifies and manages risk in product development primarily utilizing and driving UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.).
• Develops proactive quality initiative strategies and drives their implementation.
• Performs Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and recommends corrective action for design problems for internally produced products & processes.
• Ensures all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
• Designs and implements product engineering changes to satisfy quality issues raised by customers.
• Responsible for both Program and Product Quality Engineering.
• Responsible for development of new inspection technologies or methodologies to assure product conformance.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.