Quality Inspector IIApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA04: Wheels & Brakes (Carbon) -SFS 11120 S Norwalk Blvd, Santa Fe Springs, CA, 90670 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
- Position is responsible for assisting with the verification of purchased, in process, and final-machined and assembled material. This shall be demonstrated through the use of gages, interpretation of drawings, specifications, process analysis, and workmanship standards.
- This position will also support quality engineers and technicians as necessary to maintain the quality management system.
- Use proper inspection methods & complex equipment (i.e. complex part set-ups and inspections, CMM operation & programming preferred).
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and documentation.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) knowledge.
- Complete First Article Inspections (FAI) as required.
- Experience with calibration of Precision Measuring Equipment (calipers, micrometers, depth indicators).
- Preparation of certificate of conformance as required by customer; if applicable.
- Ensure nonconforming material is segregated and is properly documented and controlled
- Perform hardness, Spin Testing as required per instructions.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in (MS Office, Excel).
- Experience working with databases such as Minitab, Gagetrack.
- Basic to intermediate math competency (Geometry, Basic Trigonometry).
- Open to different shifts.
- Test experience in addition to inspection and calibration (i.e. mechanical, thermal, tensile, supplier outsource testing interface.).
- 2 years experience in the use of precision measurement tools including calibration
- 2 years working knowledge of dimensioning and tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5M-1994.
- 2 years experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have in addition to Qualifications)
- 2 years experience with ISO and Aerospace Standards (AS) auditing desired
- Other computer software applications
High School Diploma, or equivalent
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.