Quality Inspection Tech 1Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HTX01: Aerostructrues - San Marcos 2005 Technology Way, San Marcos, TX, 78666 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Quality Inspection Tech who will be responsible for inspecting products and processes, and is under the direct supervision of Supervisor of Quality and/or the Quality Manager. He/She is responsible in prioritizing inspection workload through the utilization of digital inspection call-in sheet, while working with production control, the Operations group leader/Manager, the Quality Inspection Supervisor, and cell managers in identifying real-time production inspection support.
• Performs In-process, and Final Inspection of parts, assemblies and materials to ensure compliance to drawings, and/or customer directed specifications for Aluminum Core.
• Use mechanical inspection tools and gages (Measurement and Test Equipment) as necessary, to measure specific dimensions during inspection operations.
• Creates Inspection Pick-Ups (IPUs) in Microsoft Access database, and non-conformance Quality Notifications (QN) using the Non-conforming Material reporting system in SAP; assists Quality Supervisor with QN Turn-around time reduction efforts.
• Inspects manufactured product and parts, control samples, processes, or test data for conformity to blueprints/authority dataset, specifications and standards.
• Reports inspection results and substandard conditions on appropriate forms or computer software.
• Inspects production machine and process setups when applicable using first production pieces, setup pieces, shift samples, etc. according to checklists, blueprints, routings and standards.
• Ensures quality product utilizing Collins/UTAS quality procedures.
• Adheres to all Collins/UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
• Looks for ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace.
• May perform other job duties as required and available for overtime as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.).
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.