Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Summer 2020)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HTX01: Aerostructrues - San Marcos 2005 Technology Way, San Marcos, TX, 78666 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
- Work as a member of the Quality Clinic. Assist with the investigation and resolution of defects or causes of cycle time increase.
- Work directly with and in support of Manufacturing and Quality Engineers to complete root case analysis and assist in development of countermeasures.
- General collection and analysis of manufacturing process and/or component data – physical measurements, research specification or drawing requirements, extraction from automated data collection, etc.
- Participate in Kaizen, Continuous Improvement & Lean events including follow-up implementation and/or validation tasks
- Assist in the review & validation of Standard Work for manufacturing task and activities
- Can work independently and is self-motivated
- Excellent communicator in all forms
- More than 2 years college / university studies completed in pursuit of an Engineering degree
- Good Analytical Skills and Mindset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel including formatting, data input, data manipulation, formulas, charting
- Advanced writing skills (e.g. ability to document findings and draft a professional report or presentation)
- Functional knowledge of statistical analysis or SPC is desired
- Programming skills in Python and/or R is beneficial
- Can write work instructions
- Understand how to use simple measuring tools and equipment ( e.g. calipers, micrometer)
VALUE TO INTERN: The intern will gain experience in root cause analysis and problem solving. The intern will have direct exposure to various manufacturing processes including welding, heat treat, machining, chemical processing. Day to day activities will include problem solving activities including collection and analysis of data, development and implementation of countermeasures to prevent recurrence of undesired defects or process turn backs. Intern will work directly with Engineers, Production Operators and Managers on a frequent basis.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
•Medical, dental, and vision insurance•Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees•Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution •Tuition reimbursement•Life insuranceand disability coverage •And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.