Manufacturing Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 2021)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HNY02: Engine Comp (Power) - Rome 104 Otis Street, Rome, NY, 13440 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position is an for a Manufacturing Engineering intern/co-op. This role analyzes operations information and makes changes to procedures as needed to solve problems or improve efficiency.
- Develops, designs and plans for assembly and materials handling.
- Analyzes sequence of operations, machine and equipment design, and facility and production conditions to identify and escalate problems to senior Manufacturing Engineers.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to conform to standard factory and production procedures.
- Makes changes in assembly processes, equipment procedures, and design specifications to solve equipment and manufacturing problems.
- Interprets and provides explanations of design concepts and specifications.
- Designs and plans layout for assembly and materials handling.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- Plans sequence of operations and specification procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance for engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours of college coursework by Jan 2020
- GPA of 3.0 or above is required
- Critical/strategic thinking ability,Innovative approach, strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and results-oriented
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
- Teamwork & collaboration
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.