Staff Project EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Electric Power Systems – Controls Engineering is seeking a senior Project Engineer to support continued growth within the product organization. In this high visibility role, the Staff Project Engineer will coordinate and report on a cross-functional design team of hardware, software and test equipment engineers. The Staff Project Engineer will have direct responsibility for management & development activities associated with the project budget, detailed Microsoft Project Schedule, individual work packages, earned value reporting of SPI and CPI, as well as technical reporting of metrics on key project activities associate with controls engineer products such as the Generator Control Unit, Bus Power control Unit, Overvoltage and External Power Protection Units.
The Staff Project Engineer is also responsible for documenting various program activities such as risk management, earned value, resource management, and capture and closure of action items.
- Confidently provide clear, concise communications with peers and Collins leadership.
- Develop project plans, schedules, and budgets for projects and suggest appropriate adjustments to ensure adherence to the established project plan, schedule, and budget.
- Record and document delays, changes in scope, and any other incidents that impact the scope of work or schedule to ensure smooth project operations.
- Identify mitigation plans for impacted projects.
- Pursue cost saving opportunities to maximize project profitability.
- Perform critical path analysis; prepare and implement work-around plans to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Conduct meetings and consolidate and present plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project.
- Identify and react to project problems and recommend solutions, such as reallocating resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Direct all phases of the project from inception through completion.
- Oversee and coordinate the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
- Liaise between project management and planning, project teams, and production line management.
- Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets.
- Review project and budget status, manage schedules, and prepare reports.
- Manage and coordinate hardware and software development configurations throughout the engineering process.
- Monitor and assess project issues; develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Direct the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Establish design work scope content for concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product development, integration, and test.
- Meet program schedules and budgets; maintain the integrated master schedules for the project.
- Coordinate HW & SW equipment modifications throughout the development process.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Experience with Chapter 24 Systems
- Progressive technical and leadership responsibility on electronic development and integration programs
- Understanding of RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, and RTCA DO-160 requirements
- Experience with MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.