Staff Engineer - Power ElectronicsApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
This position is for a senior Electrical and Electronics Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Directs activities in the discipline and represents the organization at external events. Evaluates operating systems, provides technical training, designs electronic components, and develops implementation schedules.
- Drives the research, development, design, and testing of electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks to ensure that business objectives and required specifications are met.
- Represents the organization at conferences, meetings, boards, panels, committees, or working groups to present, explain, or defend findings or recommendations, negotiate compromises or agreements, or exchange information.
- Provides technical training for less experienced engineers to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Analyzes system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine feasibility of project and develop system plans.
- Designs electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications.
- Develops implementation schedules and proposes cost budgets to ensure projects are completed on time and within established budgets.
- Directs and coordinates activities concerning manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, operation, or modification of electronic equipment, products, or systems to ensure smooth operations of activities.
- Evaluates operational systems, prototypes and proposals and recommends repair or design modifications, based on factors such as environment, service, cost, and system capabilities to ensure required specifications are met.
- Oversees the implementation of new electronic/electrical equipment designs and modification and maintenance of existing designs/systems to improve operational efficiency.
- Leads sub-system development to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
- Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
- Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
- Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a US Person
- Power Supply/Systems Design
- Analog Circuit Design
- Digital Circuit Design
- FPGA development
- PSPICE or equivalent analog circuit simulation tool experience
- Cadence Allegro for schematic capture and PCB design
- Circuit active and passive devices
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.