Senior Test Equipment Mechanical EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
We are looking for a Senior Test Equipment Mechanical Engineer to support the Electric Power Systems. The Senior Test Equipment Mechanical Engineer is responsible for design, procurement, build and maintenance of test facilities and test setups to support the ES Systems Engineering organizations for commercial and military aircraft.
- Design – Involves technical coordination between disciplines, including Program Office, Systems Engineering, Circuits, Software, EMC Engineering, and other functions within Simulation & Test Engineering. Interpretation of the test equipment design from the above coordination and from program-provided requirements documents, test equipment requests, and design review material is required. Expected outputs include the necessary Design Specifications and documentation to define the setup, allow test system build and provide for ongoing support.
- Procure - Creating procurement documentation, including statement of work and design specifications for test equipment parts or assemblies. Creating requisitions for parts and/or assemblies as needed.
- Build – Coordination with management of given personnel resources, including detailed instructions and guidance of machine repair and millwrights to ensure successful on-time delivery of high-quality aircraft test set-ups and test equipment.
- Checkout – Create design specifications, including checkout procedures for test equipment. Ensure the test equipment is checked against specifications and documentation for accuracy, and functionally verified in coordination with other engineering disciplines to confirm proper implementation of the design. Expected outputs from this task include checkout results in the form of released Aerospace
- Test Stand Support – This involves supporting internal customers with troubleshooting and repair of test stand issues. Provide test equipment support to the program, to maintain the test system, and its configuration as necessary.
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent bachelor’s degree in engineering with a mechanical emphasis
- Knowledge of Visio, Microsoft Office Suite (including MS Project)
- Familiarity with mechanical engineering concepts
- Test equipment design experience within the aerospace industry
- Ability to work within a team environment
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.