Manager, Quality AssuranceApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
• You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
• You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
• You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we!
For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position manages Quality Assurance processes and / or projects as an individual contributor. Works to achieve objectives that have a major impact on the organizational quality goals. Uses expertise to provide input on processes, standards, and plans to continuously improve quality.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for the implementation of Quality Assurance plans, guidelines, policies, and processes to ensure the achievement of Quality targets.
- Manages projects and processes to ensure overall quality is continuously improving.
- Provides production process analysis, ensuring quality standards are met and making recommendations for key quality improvements.
- Manages collection and analysis of quality information from multiple sources for the development of quality strategy and programs.
- Reviews quality improvement processes to ensure on-going reductions in Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and escapes.
- Develops and implements program quality plans and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining UTC Aerospace Systems Electric Systems management policies and procedures for customer quality performance
- Responsible for meeting customer quality requirements and milestones
- Ensure focus on customer quality improvement activities across the organization
- Facilitate Preventative & Corrective actions concurrently with the internal quality organizations (Design, Operations, and Supply Chain)
- Coordinate/manage customer issues in a timely professional manner to achieve business unit goals
- Responsible for coordination of customer quality interface including customer reviews, audits and senior level presentations.
- Responsible for tracking customer impact issues and RCCA investigations
- Responsible for resolving critical issues/situations ensuring that they are handled correctly and within current policy/procedure guide lines.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.
- In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- US Citizen is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, or hard science discipline (or related field).
- 5 years of experience in either a quality, supply chain, operations, hard science, or other position dealing with manufacturing quality process techniques, quality improvement programs and customer satisfaction preferred.
- Quality certifications are desired (FAA, ASQ CQE, AS9100, etc.)
- CQE Certified Quality Engineer is preferred.
- FAA and conformity is a plus.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.