Ground Support Equipment Mechanical EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
This position is for an established Ground Support Mechanical Equipment Engineer. Conducts product development activities and studies, executes and analyzes tests, and produces parts, designs, or sketches, following all appropriate Mechanical Engineering design, safety, and qualification standards.
- Work with OEM & Aftermarket Program teams to support Entry-Into-Service and sustainment activities and prioritize as necessary to ensure GSE achieves internal budget targets
- Work closely with GSE operations and Quality to ensure implementation of time sensitive engineering drawing changes in support of obsolescence and other issues as required to ensure on time customer delivery
- Perform engineering estimates in support of proposals. Participate in overall program planning activities with program management and manufacturing
- Work closely with the SBUs and internal team to develop cost effective tooling and test equipment for new commercial and military programs.
- Produce parts, specifications, designs, or sketches for machines, components, systems or work orders / purchase requests
- Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems in areas including, but not limited to, mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, thermodynamic, or heat transfer for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy.
- Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
- May evaluate and analyze various mechanical products to determine their cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- May evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate malfunctions.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.
- In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- US Person is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years Mechanical Engineering experience.
- Experience with Ram Air Turbine product line.
- Siemens Team Center PLM experience preferred.
- Experience in design and development of mechanical tool/manual-automated test equipment.
- Experience in 3D printing technology.
- Experience working in a Maintenance and repair organization.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy.
Join us as we take flight!
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.