Administrative Assistant, EngineeringApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance and Space Mission Systems Rockford, IL is seeking candidates for an Engineering Department Administrative Assistant. This role will support the Director of Engineering and the entire Engineering Department in support of their day to day activities.
The ISRS Engineering Administrative Assistant reports directly to the ISRS Rockford Director of Engineering and their immediate staff managers.
Duties of the Engineering Administrative Assistant include but are not limited to:
Special and other projects/activities as assigned by the Director of Engineering or Engineering Managers.
The position will administratively be supporting a 100 person design development engineering department, arranging meetings by booking and managing conference room calendar arranging catering and logistics for special events such as VIP visitors, employee significant anniversaries, and other ad hoc events.
Managing check requests for vendors associated with special event and point of contact for the logistical arrangements with recruiters for onsite hiring interviews.
The assistant will periodically arranges departmentally sponsored requests to outside vendors for flowers/plants for employee bereavement. Maintain employee departmental distribution lists to include new employees and remove separated employees.
As the point of contact for distribution of all engineering or enterprise-wide email announcements and arranges new employee seating, desk, and phone logistics with managers.
The assistant will be knowledgeable Arranging and booking travel for engineering associates as well as gathering/collecting upper management travel approvals.
High School Diploma or equivalency required w/5+ years supporting a senior executive or business leader
Undergraduate degree in business or related field preferred
- Must have 5+ yeas supporting a senior executive or business leader
- Supporting line engineers’ completion of travel expense submittal
- Completing engineering managers’ and director’s travel expense submittals
- Managing and ordering engineering department office supplies
- Managing and supporting the charge number data entry and other miscellaneous administrative needs with respect to subcontracted employees
- Managing the mail logistics for the engineering department including: sorting, pitching mail at department mailbox and delivering engineering managers mail
- Provides supplemental and back up administrative duties for the Business Groups Administrative Assistant
- Manages and broadcasts weekly vacation and out of office calendar/spreadsheets for the engineering department
- Periodically arranges for office moves and new headcount additions through internal office orders for: 1) desks; 2) phones; and 3) computers
- Prepares and places internal office orders for facility issues
- Point of contact and arranges for the repair of office equipment (copiers)
- Occasionally makes special arrangements for shipping special departmental hardware and/or documentation
- Must have high degree of proficiency with the most recent versions of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint Solid proficiency in the most recent version of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must be enthusiastic with a positive outlook and possess a can-do work ethic.
Due to special contracts and programs U.S. Citizen required
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check and drug screen (every external new hire in the U.S.)
“This job may be considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. If so, the selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce. “
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.