Tactical Aircraft Program ManagerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA22: Aerostructures -Riverside 8200 Arlington Ave, Riverside, CA, 92503 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Tactical Aircraft Program Manager who will be responsible for leading Military Flight Control Surface programs as well as driving and securing current and future pursuits in that space. You will also be responsible Profit & Loss (P&L) and managing all the activities for those programs involving various departments and cross-functional teams. In addition, you will be interfacing with customers and ensuring high customer satisfaction through on-time meeting of milestones and parameters. Finally, you will ensure proper execution of all program deliverables from initiation through delivery.
Position is currently remote, when circumstances permit position will be onsite
- Lead a team of Product Development and Technical leads with overall P&L responsibility for execution of program business plans and strategies.
- Serve as the face of the organization to external customers as well as internally within the Company.
- Drive the identification, pursuit and capture of new programs with the support of the Business Development organization.
- Coordinate the negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts in the execution of program tasks and strategies.
- Establish customer-focused performance targets and direct work to achieve these targets and lead the overall program performance and success.
- Direct all business activities from business development through contract award and execution of the sustaining program portfolio.
- Hold primary responsibility for leadership, customer satisfaction, and building solid internal and external business relationships.
- Expected to successfully manage programs within schedule and budget, and lead in analyzing risk and establishing associated contingencies.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas inside and outside the organization to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- A caring people leader, fostering an inclusive team and helping them to develop professionally by providing actionable feedback, opportunities for training and stretch assignments.
- Manage the timely execution and administration of Company contractual commitments with its customer to ensure these requirements are reviewed and implemented internally to meet and exceed performance and business unit targets.
- Serve as a customer advocate for product development, production support issues, repair and overhaul.
- Lead the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes, including coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operation budgets, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts to ensure legal compliance and to protect the organization's interests.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Demonstrated responsibility for program execution to business plans and strategies across geographically-dispersed teams in the aerospace and defense industry.
- Military program experience.
- Relevant experience with business pursuit identification, negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts for complex programs in the defense industry.
- Full life-cycle (front to end process) program/project first-hand experience, including P&L ownership.
- Performance in meeting and exceeding contractual commitments and customer expectations in a matrix reporting organization.
- Ability to build credibility with, interact with, and influence suppliers, customers, and key stakeholders in a matrixed organization; ability to build strong relationships.
- Continuous Improvement (CI) leadership.
- Able to communicate and make presentations to senior and executive level leadership.
- Able to travel 30% domestically and internationally (when current circumstances permit).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience working with Department of Defense customers.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a highly regulated manufacturing environment, preferably in the defense industry.
- Strong understanding of the Toyota production system (TPS).
- Technical/Engineering knowledge and understanding with a degree obtained in an engineering related discipline.
- Experience managing a team of professionals within a matrixed organization with a value stream environment.
- PMP certification
- Security clearance or ability to obtain clearance upon hire.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.